Here are some simple ways to relieve stress:
- Watch fish in an aquarium – it is very relaxing!
- Go to an art exhibition. You can focus your attention in a calm and quiet environment.
- Wash the dishes or do the vacuuming mindfully – repetitive actions can trigger the relaxation response.
- Sing – by yourself or in a group. Singing can be a source of enjoyment, helping to focus your mind and regulate your breathing.
- Tidy up your home. Clutter can trigger anxiety and tidying up can help you feel in control of your space.
- Get outdoors and enjoy the ‘nature cure’.
- Take a break from social media (it can lead to a drop in the stress hormone cortisol).